Two things today:
Have you ever made a cringe-worthy first impression?
I've made a few, but I think my wife wins the golden chalice of cringe with this one:
A few years ago she was at her boss' house for a party.
There was a mix of friends, family and co-workers.
She playfully extends her middle finger. At that PRECISE MOMENT her boss' father turns around and intercepts the middle finger.
I like to think that time and space slowed down while my wife watched him go through different emotions. Confusion, disbelief, denial, shock, sadness, and finally disdain.
After the fabric of reality had stabilized, he looked away while saying "How RUDE."
This story makes me laugh every time. It's just the best.
Did I mention that he was also a minister? My wife accidentally flipped off her boss' father who was a minister.
If you don't think that's funny, please unsubscribe. Leave and never come back.
- What makes a fantastic first impression
- Why creating a good first impression is CRUCIAL
- How long you have to make a first impression. Science has the answer!
- Concrete action steps
- Eye Contact
- Firm Handshake
- Spontaneous Compliments
Also, don't accidentally flip them off.
Would you like...
A "Cheat Sheet" You Can Use Next Time You Meet Someone New? ➘
Inside this guide you'll learn:
• 3 Crucial components of making a fantastic first impression so that you can effortlessly meet new people.
• Why compliments are secret weapons that will immediately connect you with other people.
• How to transition into small talk without feeling stilted or awkward. It's easier than you think, and it feels natural.
• Put it all together with a word-for-word script. See how each step fits together. (Feel free to steal this)
I'd love to send you this free guide on how to make fantastic first impressions... just tell me where to email it. ➙
Enter your email, and I'll send the guide to you.